Navigate your holiday season with this hands on guide
Navigate your holiday season with this hands on guide
A resourceful toolkit for your nervous system to ease out many occasions of holly jolly season
Holidays, a canvas of beautiful, bright & colourful happy moments with memories, fun and games. But, it does not turn out to be as easy and as much fun for everyone, right?
Being an introvert myself, I know what goes inside my brain and body while seeing many faces at one time in one big space. That big chunk of emotional garbage getting dumped in my stomach all at once, and back then i didn’t know where to go, what to do to take all of that stink out of my system, but now I do.
As a trauma-informed coach, I now have resourced myself with few safe practices to help me navigate not just “holiday seasons” but in general to large gatherings or meeting new people especially while my country India in general is quite social
If you are someone, who goes through lot of anxiety, disconnections & otherwise while seeing many faces all at once, this will help you big time in resourcing yourself.
Here is my To-Go Holiday tool-kit to resource your nervous system gracefully
1. Create a simple routine for yourself :
Consistency creates familiarity and with simplifying it, will help you ease your days. Create a rituals that makes you happy & joyful
Eg: Walking in the morning & feeling the light sun rays hitting on your cheeks or a simple touch of a dewy grass on your soles (morning sunlight 7 touch of a grass are a great mood enhancers and glimmers)
2. Practice breath work :
Alternatively, you can also practice breath work this way :
If your breathing runs faster & you have hit the anxiety, inhale normal and use long & slow exhalations with repetitions
And in situations where you feel disconnected and frozen, take a long deep inhalations & exhale normally
There is no need to adhere to strict and rigid diet during holidays. Go with whats in the flow, which does not mean throwing yourself completely out there but if you like to have that creamy cheesecake, go for it, do what give you joy. Rigidity kills the humour.
A small tip here, however, Be mindful & consciously consume what you want to, savor and enjoy every bite of your food with full joy & love.
4. Set, hold & respect your own boundaries :
I understand holidays is all about meeting & greeting people, but this doesn’t have to mean you bury your boundaries in the ground. You still can and have a healthy, gentle fencing around you, family, friends, food, time & energy you spend. If something feels off or triggering and not in alignment with you, you are allowed safely to remove yourself from the unsolicited situation lovingly
Here are few of my favourite Louise Hay Affirmations that may be of help for you in this holiday season :
I let go off all fears & doubts and life becomes simple & easy for me
I feel glorious, dynamic energy. I am active & alive
I give my body what it needs
It is safe to look within
Life supports me in every possible way
If you find these resources helpful, drop your thought below or let me know what other practices do you follow through the holidays to keep it smooth and functional, I am all ears :)
Merry Christmas & a bright and beautiful year head to all of you !
XOXO, MS ✨
Thanks for reading Coachwithmanjushri!
Drop down your comments, I would love to hear from you ✨

Comments
Post a Comment